Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breakthrough

I bought this house from a couple that had bought an RV and was hitting the road.  Since they obviously couldn't fit a whole house full of stuff into an RV, I inherited everything they couldn't get rid of, including A LOT of furniture.

The house has four bedrooms, and in an effort to make things easier for myself, their master bedroom became my master bedroom, their guest room became my guest room, their office became my office, and their... 
storage room?
became my storage room.
don't judge
But I could never figure out what to put where in any of those rooms.  I've moved dressers and bookcases back & forth (and back & forth, and...) for the past year and a half.

But then this past weekend, I was standing in doorway of "the red room" (partially red, as you can see), and had an idea...
the new master bedroom!

I moved everything out, tore up the carpet (and padding, and tack strips, and staples), and shifted the master bedroom over one.

I'm leaving the paneling (I really don't mind it!), but I will be painting the walls one color.  I'm thinking pink (!), specifically Wild Aster by Benjamin Moore.
Making it Lovely

I also need to:
  1. refinish the floors
  2. replace the blinds
  3. replace the ceiling fan
  4. replace the closet doors
  5. and so on
  6. and so forth...
Someday.

(Baby steps!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...