Thursday, May 28, 2015

Flipping Chicago

After a particularly grueling Memorial Day Weekend (4 events in 4 days), I spent my "weekend" (Tuesday & Wednesday) in Chicago, getting my rental unit ready for a new tenant.
After the three-hour drive from Iowa, the first order of business was lunch at Kopi A Travelers Cafe, and a brief walk around Andersonville
Candyality
Swedish Bakery
Brimfield
Brimfield
Brimfield
Yes, I like that Brimfield place (both the town in Massachusetts and the store in Chicago).

After a little spackle and touch-up paint, we took a break to see Far from the Madding Crowd, the story of a headstrong, independent women who refused to marry...

“Well, what I mean is that I shouldn't mind being a bride at a wedding, if I could be one without having a husband.” 
― Thomas Hardy, Far from the Madding Crowd
(Me too, Bathsheba.)

Because...
“It appears that ordinary men take wives because possession is not possible without marriage, and that ordinary women accept husbands because marriage is not possible without possession” 
― Thomas Hardy, Far from the Madding Crowd

(That is GOOD!)

The next morning, we had breakfast at A Taste of Heaven (another favorite), which was once (relatively) famous for a simple, wonderful sign.

After finishing the work on the apartment and turning over the keys to the new tenant, we did a little yarn shopping at Windy Knitty, where I purchased the pattern and red yarn to make the adorable Audrey in Unst, and stopped at the amazing Gethsemane Garden Center.





Next year, I'm going to plan ahead and take a bigger car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...