Thursday, May 21, 2015

Saving the Worst for Last

I started ripping up the carpet throughout the house almost two years ago.

(I took a lot of breaks.)

I had one room to go, and with the prospect of an available truck & trailer this weekend to haul it away, I decided to finally finish the job.

I am SO glad this was the last room I did or I probably wouldn't have done any of the others.

These floors were, by far, the worst in the house...

This is something I hadn't seen before.  What is that?!?  It looks like the top of a tin can, nailed to the  floor.
It is the top of a tin can, nailed to the floor.
The tin cans (yes, there are three!), are covering gouges in the floor - not all the gouges, though.  Some are still there...

Me?  I prefer the gouges to the tin cans.

The odd thing is, although these floors are in the worst condition, they instantly became my favorite floors in the house - they're SO old!  I love them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...