Monday, May 14, 2012

Small & Cheap (and Light!) - Brimfield 2012

It's been 2 years since my last trip to the Brimfield Antique Show in Brimfield, Massachusetts.

This year, we arrived around 2 pm on Friday, and headed straight to the show...






I love these.  It was $500, though.

We wandered around for about 4 hours, until the vendors started packing up for the night.

Then we headed to Admiral T.J. O'Brien's for dinner.  When we were seated at the same table as the last trip, we decided this has to be an annual event!

The next day, we were back at the show by 10 am.  After another 4 hours, we were exhausted and broke, and decided (sadly) that it was time to head home.

But, we left far from empty handed...

One of my first purchases

I love these - they're so ladylike.

And they were still in the box!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this, but it was $2.

And, in French, the word "cabochard" means headstrong, which I like! (One online dictionary said the definition was "hardass"!)

It's pink!  And it works!  (Love!)

It's a snow globe.  And a calendar.  And a bank!

Originally, the vendor was asking $5.  

I laughed!  

There's no water!  The snow just sits there at the bottom.  

So the guy told me to pick something "real" for $5 and he'd throw in the snow globe.  (So sweet!)

So, I picked this...
I love the old phone number!

Besides, as he pointed out, when does it ever snow in  San Francisco?!?  

(Good point!)

I only paid $3 for this marmalade jar.  (I saw an identical jar in another booth for $48!)

I plan to use it to hold pencils & pens.

The vendor had two of these lamps, marked $30 each.  Kris saw them first, but I liked them too.

There was a sign in his booth saying "prices highlighted in yellow are half off", so I told him I needed to borrow his highlighter!  He laughed and said I could have both for $30!

It worked!!!

Now, Kris has one and I have one.

(Perfect!)

I love old aprons.

(I never use them, though, because I don't want them to get dirty!)

I loved the colors and pattern on this, but wasn't sure if I liked the style.  So, I put it back.

After a few minutes, though, I panicked!  What had I done?!?  I loved that apron!

So, I ran around in circles for a while, trying to find the right booth.

Luckily, it was still there!


And finally...

I stole this idea was inspired by the girls at A Beautiful Mess.

I needed more storage in the bathroom, and thought these boxes would be perfect.

They were originally $30 ($18 for the big one, and $12 for the small), but the vendor said I could have them both for $15.

But, after I broke the lid to a lovely glass jar (asking price $20), possibly chipping the statue I dropped it on (asking price $45), I handed her $20 and ran.

After that, it really was time to go.

There are 2 more shows this year - July and September.

Very tempting...

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Love the wooden boxes and the marmalade jar. I'm actually looking for some old fashion wooden wine boxes to use as planters. They look good in your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Living in such a small apartment, I'm always looking for cute storage options.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...