Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birdseed Heart

A long time ago (I just looked and it was exactly 2 years ago tomorrow!), I promised myself I'd do one project every month that I pinned on Pinterest.

I lied.

But I'm making up for it now!

Spring is coming to Iowa.  (Really!)  I know this because I've started to see birds.  And, because it's still zero degrees outside (literally), I started to worry...  

With all this snow on the ground, how will they eat?

Then I saw this cute little Birdseed Biscuit on Pinterest. 

It sounded easy (it was!), and I thought the birds would like it (they don't).

The day after Valentine's Day, I found this heart-shaped cookie cutter at Michael's for 29 cents (timing!),

followed the recipe...

  1. Mix together the birdseed, flour, and 2 tablespoons of water.
  2. Spray or wipe a cookie cutter with oil and place it on a foil-covered cookie sheet. 
  3. Pack the mixture into the cutter, inserting half a straw near the top to create a hole for hanging.
  4. Bake the biscuit (with the straw) in a 170ยบ oven until the biscuit is hard, about one hour. 
  5. Let it cool.

And now I have this!
So cute!
The birds, however, are not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...