Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunday Supper - Jambalaya

... on Monday!

Since I work in banking (for now...), I didn't have to work today. So, I postponed cooking "Sunday Supper" until today, so I'd have leftovers for the week.

And, since tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, I stole my friend Angie's idea (and her recipe) and made Jambalaya.

It was good! REALLY good!!! (Thanks Angie!!!)

Here it is (in her own words)... Enjoy!

Here is the jambalaya recipe I make...you can amend it as you want...add things or delete things you don't like. :)

1 link sausage (I usually cut up a Hillshire Farms sausage)
1 cup onions, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic
1 can tomatoes (I usually get the ones with green peppers & onions)
1 1/2 cups long grain rice (I usually use brown)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 pkg onion soup mix
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 celery, chopped (I usually omit this)
1/4 cup parsley

optional:
cut up chicken breast
frozen shrimp
mushrooms

Make the rice. Throw everything into a skillet on medium heat. (if you use chicken obviously cook the chicken first) Once the rice is done...add it into the mixture and cover the skillet. Let it simmer until everything is warm/done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...