Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello Square One,

I'm back.

I woke up this morning with a plan.

So my bonus this year isn't going to be as much as I'd hoped .

That's ok, because we're all getting raises!

So my plan was to stay for one more year, save as much as possible, then leave after receiving my next bonus.

The timing was perfect - I could give my notice in March and move back to my hometown in April, just in time for my dad's (80th!) birthday on May 1. I would have 3 months to get my little shop up and running before the big annual jazz festival at the end of July.

Then it's time for new fall clothes. Then it's the holidays, which would (hopefully) carry me through to spring. And repeat...

But.

I found out tonight there will be no raise for me.

I was shocked.

I knew there was no point in explaining that I'd been doing two people's work since my coworker left last July. She already knew that.

As she said, "it is what it is".

So, I made a new plan!

Since there would be no raise, there would be no additional savings, and, therefore, no reason to wait another year.

I called my dad to tell him that I would be moving back THIS year.

He didn't say much, so I asked what he was thinking and he told me that, if it was him, he'd just stay and collect the paycheck.

I was shocked. (Again!)

I thought he'd be happy to have his daughter around again, but no.

So now what? I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...