Tuesday, February 23, 2010

San Francisco?

I'm a very responsible person. It's my nature. It's also my nature to not take any... well, you know... from anyone.

So, after my meeting last Friday, I decided to responsibly "explore my options".

Sadly, I'm not in a position to open my own business at this time. But, that's ok - I can easily imagine myself doing other things.

What I cannot imagine myself doing is working in a cubicle for the rest of my life.

However....

New York is the most expensive city in the country. So, living in New York requires making a lot of money, which (for me) means working in finance, which means... cubicles.

Which means I have to leave New York.

So, I've been spending a lot of time on the Sperling's Best Places website lately, researching different cities. http://www.bestplaces.net/

My criteria was good weather, low crime rate and low cost of living.

And Sperling's suggested... San Francisco? (Ok, yeah, compared to New York City, San Francisco does have a low cost of living.)

But then I realized that it doesn't matter.

I've been overwhelmed, really, by how helpful my friends have been during this situation - offering to fly around the country to visit new cities with me, offering to drive with me from New York to Oregon, providing suggestions for websites to search for jobs and people to contact, offering to help me create - and stick to! - a budget...

So it doesn't matter what Sperling's suggests - I want to have friends again! (I only have 2 friends in New York, and they can come to visit.)

So, next week I'm off to Kansas City and two weeks after that I'll be in Denver.

It's going to be great to see everyone!

1 comment:

  1. SF sounds like a GREAT idea. Let's plan a trip out there. Can't wait to see you in less than a week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...