Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Give Up

... yarn.

I'm not Catholic (at all!), but I've always liked the idea of Lent - giving up something you love for the greater good.

But I woke up this morning and still had no idea what I should give up this year.

I thought about giving up soda (caffeine really isn't good for you anyway), or copying Angie (again!) and giving up sweets. But both of those options were gone by 9:30. (I had Diet Coke and a brownie for breakfast and it was delicious.)

But then I started thinking about all the unfinished projects I have piling up at home, and it was so obvious - I need to give up yarn.

Last week, a friend asked me what I spend my money on. At the time, this was my coffee table...


And this is just what I need for the granny squares! I'm also working on mittens and socks! (I won't even go into all the sewing projects...)

So, I've decided - I will not buy any more yarn for the next 40 days. Really, my goal is to finish all of my current projects before starting a new one.

Well, maybe not ALL 80 granny squares...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...