Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

December is the easiest "Goodwill Hunting" of the year.  Thrift stores are full of holiday decorations!

Remember Halloween?

Well, I liked those candlesticks so much, I decided to do it again.

Seven candlesticks for $1.38!  (Still in the box!)

A little red spray paint, and...

The best part is - I can use them for Valentine's Day and the 4th of July too!

I also found this nativity set for $1.50 (regularly $3, but on sale for half price!).  Someone had written Christmas 1988 on the box.  (It's officially "vintage"!)  I love the rustic wooden stable and everything is in perfect condition.

My favorite, though, was this little white Christmas tree for $3.

The hat was also from Goodwill, I had the ornaments, the scarf is just 1/4 yard of red fleece, the eyes and mouth are buttons, the nose is obviously a carrot, and I found the sticks in a park.  

And I "put a bird on it"!


Finally, I found two of my favorite holiday movies for $2 each.  I'm looking forward to relaxing with these after all the holiday fun!

Merry Christmas to all!

Hopefully Winavie at Lemons & Chambray found some great holiday deals too!

Next month - Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...