Monday, July 8, 2013

Hail to the Red, White & Blue

This year, I had to work over the 4th of July holiday.

On July 3rd, I "had to" attend the Heritage Days dance, featuring The Michael D Band and Derryl Perry, to sell raffle tickets.

On the 4th, my day started with a parade (the first parade I've ever been in!).
I was ready.
fellow paraders
And ended with...

It was a VERY long day, and I was VERY tired.

My house, though, looked very festive, thanks to the cute little flag I found at the Goodwill in Maquoketa last fall.

 (I buy stuff when I see it.)

I love how rustic it looks!  It's perfect for the front porch of a little house in a little town in Iowa.

And I think I paid about $2 for it.

I was back at work Friday morning, but did NOTHING Friday night or Saturday.

On Sunday, though, my boyfriend & I took advantage of a few hours of uncharacteristically dry weather...

Seven hours, and 150 miles, later we'd had breakfast at The Riverview Cafe in Guttenberg, Iowa,

stopped for a lemonade (really!) at Uncle Sam's Saloon in McGregor, Iowa,

and drove through every town in between (on both sides of the river!) - Holy Cross, Luxemburg, Marquette, Prairie du Chien, Glen Haven, Cassville, Potosi...

It was another long (but fun!) day.

I was glad to get home to this, though...
Getting big!
Hopefully Winavie at Lemons & Chambray found some good red, white & blue deals this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...