Saturday, June 8, 2013

Better Late than Never

It's Saturday again and I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend.

Last weekend, I had to work.

But, it wasn't so bad...

Friday night was the Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament, so this was my office.
the 9th hole at the Bellevue Golf Club
dinner 
It was chaotic, but fun!

On Saturday, I had to be back at work at 7am (!) to register riders for the Grant Wood Scenic Byway 4th GEAR (Great Eastern Annual Ride) - a 90 mile bike ride through Grant Wood country.

Grant Wood is best known for American Gothic.

He was born outside Anamosa, which is about an hour west of Bellevue.  

Bellevue is one end of The Grant Wood Scenic Byway and the other is Stone City.  

The building in the lower right corner of the painting is where Grand Wood once lived and worked, and is now home to the General Store Pub (where I had lunch one day in April).

On Sunday afternoon, I was back to check in the riders as they finished the race.  Although the weather was a bit cold and windy, everyone had a good time, and the view was, of course, scenic.

After that, I was free, so I headed to my boyfriend Kevin's to play with my...

NEW CAR!

(said like Bob Barker)

I walk to work, but I do a lot of driving to meetings, and to see friends and family, so I've been looking for something that gets better gas mileage than my '98 Ford Explorer (basically, anything).

When Kevin asked what kind of car I wanted, I said "a cute, little zippy car".  But really, my criteria was under $10,000, under 100,000 miles and over 30 mpg.

We actually went to look at a Civic, but it was already sold.  Then I spotted this...

2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L
It's definitely cute and little.  And before we'd even gotten out of the parking lot, I looked over and said...

"It's zippy!"

So, I bought it.

It was a bit of a mess, but Kevin has two kids who love to help.  (Seriously!).
child labor

While we were cleaning the car, Kevin was making dinner.

Chicken, potatoes, and asparagus from the garden!
It was a very nice way to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...