Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Supper - Pan-Grilled Salmon with Red Pepper Salsa

It's been a while.

Not because I haven't been cooking (well, that's not the only reason)... I just haven't made anything THAT good for a while.

But, those days are over - thanks to my friend, her daughter's fund raiser (and my own good sense to order a subscription to Cooking Light magazine), I had the BEST dinner tonight.

And, I'm off to a good start on my New Year's Resolutions.

I hope you like it as much as I did!

Pan-Grilled Salmon with Red Pepper Salsa

Salmon:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder (I couldn't find this, and it was still really good)
4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
Cooking spray

Salsa:
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt

Prepare salmon
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat
- Combine first 5 ingredients; rub evenly over fillets
- Coat pan with cooking spray
- Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness

While fish cooks, prepare salsa
- Combine bell pepper and remaining ingredients.

Serve salsa with fillets

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...