Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Late Night Service

I met up with a former colleague last night for dinner and drinks (and then more drinks).

To get home, I had to take two different trains. So I got off the first train, which was on the local track, and walked across the platform to catch another train, which is express.

But then I heard a noise...

I turned around, and saw a man, waving his hand at the express track, and shaking his head 'no'. Then he walked over, and pointed at the sign hanging above the tracks.

I realized that he was deaf, and was trying to tell me that during late night service, the express train runs on the local track (and it was really late...).

I smiled at him and said 'thanks' and he smiled at me, turned and walked up the stairs to leave.

He didn't have to tell me the train was running on the local track - I would've figured it out when the train arrived at the stop.

But he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...