Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Have a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore

But I wish I was.

I had a wonderful time visiting my friends in Kansas this past weekend.

I spent all day Friday with Winnie, doing our favorite things...

BLT and wings at The Peanut on 76th Street, where we spent so many nights listening to Ed play guitar and sing.




Then, coffee at Latte Land on "The Plaza",






followed by shopping, at Anthropologie and JCrew.









Later, we met Winnie's family at The Thai Place for dinner, and I discovered a new favorite - Pineapple Fried Rice. (SO good!)

The best part of the night, though was hanging out at "our" Borders, going through knitting, sewing and decorating magazines and books. It's one of the things that I miss the most about Kansas City.



Saturday was exhausting...

It started with coffee on the Plaza, followed by the KU/MU game at "the OP", where I saw so many old friends. It's also where I met Angie's baby boy, Finn, for the first time!




After the game was dinner at JP Wine Bar in Leawood. (The sweet potato gnocchi was awesome!)








Then, a beer (or two...) at Barley's Brewhaus, then finally... to Angie's, where I woke up Angie, Joe, and the dog in the middle of the night (and felt AWFUL about it.)

Sunday was, understandably, a very relaxing day. The majority was spent on the sofa, trying to decide who was cuter - the baby or the dog (an impossible choice as they're both ridiculously cute).

See?


Then, Monday morning, I clicked my heels and now I'm "home".

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun. Hurry back so that we can do this again! Actually, we have to add Joann on the list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...