Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tuesday is the new Saturday

Since I have to work almost every weekend, my "weekend" is sometimes a Tuesday afternoon.

Luckily, I have friends and family who don't work 9-5 Monday - Friday either!

This week, my friend & I drove up to Dubuque (the closest "big city", which is about 30 minutes away), and wandered through the cute shops on Main Street.

The first stop was Jitterz Coffee & Cafe.


I had the spicy black bean burger, and it was delicious!

The retro Coke bottles are fun too!

Just up the street is the very cute Cotton Cabin Quilt Shop.

VERY cute!
Right across the street is the River Lights Book Store.  (Just like City Lights in San Francisco!)

books for all the book clubs in town!


To Kill a Mockingbird (Harperperennial Modern Classics) is my all-time favorite book EVER, and I was very hesitant to mess with that, but I have to know, so...


The final stop (and the original reason for the whole trip, was Yarn Soup.


she went with the green
future project - boot topper thingys
future project - slouchy hat that I will wear
pulled down over my ears because that's how I like it
Since today is the real Saturday, I'm off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...