Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May Flowers

After a long, cold, snowy winter, it's finally spring!

Technically.

I do not consider 53 and overcast "spring".

But we've had a few nice days and I've been out in the yard, pulling lots of weeds and planting a few flowers.

I didn't actually plant them myself, of course.  

One nice thing about a small town is someone is always splitting the plants in their gardens and giving away what they no longer have room for.  (excuse the grammar)  

And if they're really nice, they'll come down and plant them in your garden for you...
really nice!
also really nice!

But spring (the warm, sunny version) will be here eventually.

And now I have the cutest hat to wear when it is!
I love hats

The same day, at the same Goodwill, I also found a framed print of this photo by Ansel Adams...
AnselAdamsWeb-580.jpg
Source - with info about the picture

It's borderline sacrilegious to say this, but I'm not a big fan of Ansel Adams.  But for some reason I love this picture.  

(It could be the hats.)

If you're wondering what that has to do with May Flowers, the answer is "not much".

But, that woman is Georgia O'Keefe and she is rather famous for painting flowers (among other things).

Winavie discovered that she actually didn't find May Flowers this month, but that's ok because what she did find is REALLY CUTE!

Next month - Summer Lovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...