Thursday, March 22, 2012

It Ain't Easy Being Green

Two good friends, who love finding great deals at thrift stores, decided to go shopping "together", despite living on opposite coasts.  And, to make things more interesting, agreed - in advance - on a theme for each month's "Goodwill Hunting".

This month:  It Ain't Easy Being Green (in honor of spring, and St. Patrick's Day)

I was so excited when I saw these Cath Kidston plates at Housing Works, a local organization that provides care for New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS.


Cath Kidston is an English designer who designs housewares, clothing and accessories, that are practical, but fun.

These plates were marked $2.99 each (regularly $8.50, now on sale for $6 each, at www.cathkidstonusa.com).

And, some of the polka dots are GREEN!

I had to have them.

When I went to pay for them, though, I noticed something even greener on the counter behind the cash registers.

So I asked, "What's the deal with that green thing back there?".

Turns out, it was there because it didn't have a price tag.  But, once I saw it, I made him ask.  Another guy looked at it, shrugged, and said... "10 bucks?".

I said, "I'll take it!".

Altogether, my total should have been $22 (4 plates at $3 each, plus $10 for the bag), but for some reason, they only charged me $20 (and I wasn't going to argue).

So, for $20, I got 4 cute Cath Kidston plates and the perfect green bag (just in time for St. Patrick's Day!).


Check out my friend at Lemons & Chambray to see what great deals she was able to find.

Next month:  April Showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...