Monday, March 26, 2012

The Dreams That You Dare to Dream

really do come true.

On Friday night, I went to see Rhett Miller at City Winery.

Rhett was cute and entertaining, as always.

Then he began introducing the song Fireflies, a duet he recorded with Rachel Yamagata.

Usually, when he sings this song solo, he looks in one direction when he sings his part, and the other direction when he sings her part.

I've had this dream (a fantasy really) that one night, he'd begin introducing the song, and some friend of mine (usually the friend that lives in Mississippi, who would totally do something like this), would point at me and yell out that I could sing it with him.

So he'd nervously call me up onstage, and as soon as I'd start to sing, the crowd would go wild!  And Rhett would just smile in amazement.

On Friday night, it happened.

Just not to me.

(Which is actually a really good thing, because I am a terrible singer.)

Still, it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...