Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sew Close!

I'm trying to learn how to sew.

But I was getting frustrated, so stopped for a while. (Quite a while, actually...)

Then I realized that the only way I would ever get better is by practicing.

So, I bought two new books: Sew What! Skirts and Sew What! Bags.



First, using this as my inspiration...



I made ...

This! (I actually don't hate this.)





Then, I decided to try this "Breezy Beach Wrap".



It did not go well...



According to the description in the book "It opens in the back, ties in the front, and has an optional buttonhole on one side for the tie to go through."

As you can see, mine...
1. Does not open in the back
2. Does not tie in the front
3. Does not have a buttonhole (optional or otherwise)

So, it's not perfect. But it's getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...