Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017!

I know.

It's been a while.

I kept waiting for things to settle down, but realized that may never happen, so long story short...

I turned down a permanent position at the mortgage company, and finally accepted a position managing the office of an insurance agent in a nearby town.

I say "finally" because we've been talking about this for over four years!

I really wasn't interested (Insurance?  Ugh, no.), but eventually ran out of excuses so agreed to give it a try.

One year.

The thing is, I actually like it...

The people are nice and the agents (husband and wife) I work for aren't pushy - they actually care about their clients (maybe all insurance agents do?). And I really feel like we're helping people, which I like.

It's only been two months, so we'll see.  (Although, with the last 3 jobs (!), I've known way before the two month point that it wasn't going to work.)

In other "finally" news, I finally launched my shop! (Again, that took much longer than expected!)

I created a website, and also have a Facebook page and accounts on Instagram and Pinterest. A friend suggested I call it "lili" and I couldn't think of anything better so "lili" it is!

I started in mid-September in a storefront that also includes an antique store and a bakery.  That was going well, until the people who ran the antique store didn't think we were busy enough, so started closing the shop to work another job.

I moved out of there at the beginning of November and into another shop in town. We agreed to go through the end of the year, and I recently decided I just couldn't afford to continue in that space.

Now I'm in the process of re-opening the gift shop in a historic, boutique hotel called The Decker Hotel (conveniently located in the same town as the insurance company).

The Decker is a beautiful old hotel and the restaurant and bar are more upscale.  And, a lot of the musicians who perform at Codfish Hollow (SO COOL!) stay there, so it's turning into this really hip place to be!  I'm hoping to add to that upscale, cool, hipness!

I'm also hoping that things do eventually settle down and Lord Tennyson is right!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...