Tuesday, February 10, 2015

So Far...

I've officially been in my new job one month now and (so far) I like it...

I've booked a few weddings already, and am working with other people in the community on other events.

And I've started planning some events of my own.

In my previous position at the Chamber of Commerce, I would think "Someone in town should have a [insert the name of some event here]".

Now that someone is ME!

I've already scheduled an Indoor Garage Sale this month, and I'm working on a Women's Day Out (manicures, chair massage, wine tasting...) during March Madness, a Crafting Retreat in April, and an Outdoor Show in May.

And I'm creating a new website.

(I've been here one month!)

I was working out of the office in the restaurant next door to the event centre.  This was far from ideal (I was in the way), so we had to find a new office...
Yes, that is a closet in the laundry room of a hotel.

But now it looks like this...
making progress
It's a little bare, so over the weekend I worked on some projects I'd seen on Pinterest.

First, I took these old frames I found at Goodwill...
$2.50
$4
 I hated the gold, but liked the detail on both of the frames...


I also liked this Easy Bulletin Board Project

and these Shabby Frames.

So, with a little Heirloom White spray paint, a roll of cork, a scrap of fabric and some twine, I now have these...
much better!
I still have more to do, but I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...