Monday, December 8, 2014

Biting the Bullet

It's been a while.

Life has been changing really quickly around here lately.

First, the job...
I LOVE(D) my job!  I couldn't wait to go to work every day.  I worked days, nights, weekends, holidays, didn't make any money and didn't care!  It was a great feeling!!

Did you notice all that was past tense?

Yeah, those days are over.

I'm a big "go with the flow" kinda girl.

Recently, some little thing happened but I wasn't even fazed.

Then a little-bit-bigger thing happened, but I thought "I can get over that".

Then something really big happened but I decided to take the weekend to calm down and think rationally.

Then something truly awful happened and I said (out loud, by myself) "Alright already!".

So I'm looking for a new job.

I've had a few interviews already and more scheduled, including one (gasp!) in corporate, which I swore I would never go back to (desperate times, right?).

Then, the house...
When I bought this house, it was ok - not really a "fixer-upper", it just wasn't living up to it's potential.

I've been slowly working on little projects here and there (very little, very here and there).

Then something snapped.

I'm just tired of living in a construction zone, so I set aside some money, got a contractor friend over and told him to keep going until I run out of money or projects, whichever comes first (money).

Right now I'm working on the kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom.

I really need to find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...