Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Measure Twice, Cut Once

Good advice.

(And, not just for construction.)

I was recently given a bench, with a perfectly nice cushion...

The cushion, though...

It's just not my style.  I like things a little more girly.

So, I decided to make a pillow sham for it, using this video...

So I measured the cushion, and finally found the perfect fabric (on sale!).

I cut it out on Saturday and realized that I forgot to take into consideration that there are actually two sides to a cushion.

Luckily (knowing how I am), when I bought the fabric, I rounded up generously (like I said, it was on sale, and I know how I am).

And, since it's an envelope style sham, so can only be put on one way, nobody will ever know the bottom is pieced together!
ta da!
Also on Saturday, I tried a new crock pot recipe.  I am an incredible crock pot cook and this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken from Cozycakes Cottage was no exception. This recipe requires slightly more work than I like (you have to make rice!), but it was well worth the almost no effort whatsoever that it takes to make rice.

On Sunday, I had to work.  But, as usual, my job was sitting around talking to people and (not quite as usual) hanging out with newborn baby birds.
SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...