Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

I have A LOT to be thankful for this year.

I'm home!!

And, even though the thrift stores in Iowa aren't quite as nice as New York City (no Prada), I still manage to find a few things I "need".

Now, I'm not a religious person (AT ALL!), but I've always liked these...

And when I saw it at the Goodwill in Davenport, it looked like this!

It's brand new and that price tag says $3.95.

The original price tag on the box says $40, and on Amazon right now, the Wilton Armetale Give Us This Day Bread Serving Tray, Rectangular, 9-1/4-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch by 1-Inch, is over $32.

So, not a bad deal!

But now that I have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving, I can't just show up empty handed, so I went to the expert...
I think this was about $1
In the chapter "Our Farmhouse Thanksgiving for Eight" I found this recipe...

I don't know who Laura is, and I don't live in a farmhouse, but it sounds delicious!  (We'll see!)

And finally, our local radio station plays this song every night as it goes off the air (at 10pm!  So cute!)...


I read that Perry Como performed this on his Thanksgiving special, so it's only appropriate to listen to it today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Don't forget to check out Lemons & Chambray!  I know Winavie has a lot to be thankful for too!

Next month - Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, lili! What a great find this month. Love how we think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...