Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back to School

I graduated, ummm...

a while ago.

And, I don't have kids.

What I do have (now!) is space for an office in my new house.

So, I needed a desk!

I went to several thrift stores, and saw several desks.  But they were all big and ugly.

Then I went into a Goodwill As-Is store and saw this...
Small and pretty!

I love the legs...

But not the mis-matched hardware...

With a little paint and some new hardware, though, I think it'll be perfect!

The price was marked $75.

Now, I'm not usually one to negotiate at a thrift store (it's for charity!).

But $75?!?

And, it  is  will be so pretty...

So, I asked.

And I got it for $25!

(I probably could've gotten it for even less, but, you know, it's for charity.)

Hopefully Lemons & Chambray found some cute back to school deals too!

Next month:  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...