Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's Un-Gap-ceptable

As previously mentioned, I wanted to make the Gap-tastic Cowl for my friend Gypsy Girl.


The pattern suggested Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky (with 3 stitches and 5 rows per 1 inch in seed stitch).  But I used Hometown USA Yarn (with 2.25 stitches and 3 rows per inch) instead.


That would've been fine, but...  


I didn't adjust the pattern. 


(oops)


So, I cast on 131 stitches, and happily knit and purled in circles until I eventually ran out of yarn.


It's pretty...
But, too long.  


WAY too long...


(131 stitches at 3 stitches per inch = approximately 44 inches.  But 131 stitches at 2.25 stitches per inch = 58 inches!)


Since it's a big circle, it should hang down almost 22 inches, or to about waist level.  But this cowl hangs almost 30 inches.


Luckily, Lion Brand yarn is inexpensive, and the pattern is easy.


So, Gypsy Girl will get her cowl (eventually)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...