Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Year's Resolution

It's that time again.

Every year, on my birthday, I make my own new year's resolutions.

This year, I'm really only making one: Stop being so lazy and do something!

It would've been really easy to just stay home today and read a book, but I decided to meet up with a friend at the Alliance Francaise Bastille Day celebration instead.

Wine, cheese, crepes...

Wine!

It was awful.

SO crowded!

And I remembered why I hate this town sometimes.

But, I would not be deterred!

We walked until we found a cute little restaurant serving brunch. We were seated right away, at a corner table by an open window.

It was perfect!

But...

We waited.

And waited.

Eventually, we left.

But, still, I refused to quit!

I realized we were "only" about a mile away from Penelope.

I love Penelope! It's really cute, and the food is delicious!

So, off we went!

After brunch, and a mimosa (ok, two), we started walking downtown towards our trains.

Suddenly, I realized we were right across the street from Gramercy Park - a small, private park on the east side of the city.

Since December 31, 1831, only people living across from the park have a key.

View from the outside

I've been walking by this park for years, saying "someday...".

Well, today was that day!

A friend recently moved into #4 Gramercy Park West .

And he was home!

I'm in!

It was worth the wait...

And I remembered why I love this town sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...