Sunday, October 3, 2010

It was Inevitable

Everyone who knows me knows I love to read. (I've read 17 books already this year.)

So, I really don't know what took me so long.

But, better late than never...



I thought I would miss having a book.

But, I don't. (At all!)

In fact, after only 2 days with the Kindle, I might already prefer it.

I love being able to highlight sections I want to remember, and look up words I don't know - without having to reach for a pen or dictionary.com.

And, the Kindle keeps track of my progress for me! I no longer have to look at how many pages are in the book, then calculate how far into it I am.

(Doesn't everyone do this??)

The inaugural book was....

The Remains of the Day, by Kazuo Ishiguro.

One of the reviewers asks, about this book, "What is the meaning of professionalism in today's society? How much should one sacrifice in order to remain true to his own personal ethics? ".

These are questions I ask myself constantly. I've never been able to just keep my mouth shut and do what I'm told.

Maybe my life would be a little easier if I did.

I'll see how it works out for Mr. Stevens first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...